Missed Call - Ethu oru thudakkam mathram - It's Just a begining only

Missed Call!
Mahesh D
Time: 12 midnight, moonlight spreads its way past the window and falls into the room.
In the corner of the room, a mobile phone vibrates with a sweet song “Every night in my dreams…. I see you”.
Breaking the moonlight path, a hand searches for the ringing mobile.
It clicks on the green button and the faint voice rises.
“Hallow… hallow... who’s this…?”
A faint laughing sound rises from the other end and the phone gets disconnected.
“Oh. Who is this …at midnight… oh?”
He keeps his phone on the table (in ‘Silent’ mode) and goes back to sleep.
This is Vimal.
As Vimal enters deep sleep, the phone was vibrating on the table at the corner of the room.
Thus, many nights went on with the phone vibrating at the corner of the room at 00:00 hrs.
One day in December, he decides to call to that number. He dials the ‘Missed call’ number.
“Oh the same tone…”
‘Every night in my dreams…. I see you.’
It was a pleasing ‘Caller tune’ for him.
Suddenly a woman answers the call with a laugh and disconnects it.
He keeps on trying the number everyday, with the same result.
On December 24, Christmas Eve, he dials the number and a sweet voiced woman answers the call.
He enquires, “Who is this? I have been getting missed calls from this number from last month!” and with a laugh an unexpected reply comes, “Don’t you remember my voice? Just think! … Don’t you remember you gave your number by e-mail last month?”
Vimal drops into the thinking world…. “Hmm…Last month! Oh Revathi…. How are you? You should have told me that it was you... So where are you now? Have you finished your M-tech?”
She replies, “Yes it’s over”
“Hey Vimal I am coming to Chennai. I got a job in X-GEN Company. I will be there next week”
“Oh that’s simply great. Then we can meet after a long gap. Do call me once you land in Chennai. Ok?”
The call is disconnected.
However, the phone still rang that night at 12:00, reading “REVATHI” on its display.
The same continued for a few more days...
One the eve of New Year, during the festival time, the phone kept ringing …
He Decides, “Let her come to Chennai I will enquire about this Missed call game!”
It was Jan 3, a Monday. During lunch time Vimal receives call from a local number.
“Hey Vimal it’s me Revathi. I reached here and joined work. Let us meet tomorrow evening somewhere in the city; what about Spencer’s Plaza, Is that ok for you?”
However, the Phone rang that night too. And it read “REVATHI”.
He gets shocked. “It’s from Revathi’s Old number. Is it Revathi?”
Next day he reached Spencer Plaza at 5pm as planned.
As Revathi walks in to the place Vimal waits at the entrance with a question in his mind!
“Hey Vimal. You have become fat! Get a control on your diet. Do some exercise?” Revathi teased Vimal.
“Oh. Thank God you haven’t changed” he replied.
He shouts out the question he had wanted to ask her for quite some time. “Where is your old mobile number? Is somebody using it?”
“Oh I have given my sim-card to my room mate Sharika. She is using it. Why? What happened?”
“Well, I have been receiving missed call from that number in the last month. Was it you?” he asks.
“No I have given you only two miss calls in last one month. Is it her?
No, it cannot be she is not a girl like that. Anyhow I will enquire”
“Tell me how she looks? Is she married?” He enquired.
“Why? What happened? Missed calls hit your heart? Ha” She asks.
Days went without ‘Titanic’ Song at midnight.
After a month, he receives a mail from Revathi,
Dear Vimal,
I talked with ‘Shari’ about the missed calls. She smiled during the call as you did the other day 
This is the reply I got from her “I expected a missed call from that number too”
Vimal, take good decisions!
Regards,
Revathi.
He takes the phone and dials “Revathi_old” Number.
To his bad luck, a customer care lady replied,
“The number you are dialing is temporarily out of service”
Months passed by without missed calls.
On Friday vimal receives a call from “Revathi_new” number.
“What happened Vimal? No calls Long time? Why you didn’t call Shari?
Did you hear? Tomorrow is her marriage.”
Hearing this Vimal became silent for a minute.
“Then what’s up? How is your job going? Do call often. Ok. No Missed calls please.” He replies.
“Hey you loved her right? What happened? You where not able to contact her right? I understood.” Revathi consoled him.
“All happened so fast it seems. She lost her mobile in January. After that, I also lost touch with her. Last month she called me and informed me about all these incidents” Revathi continues
With a deep breath, he said “It’s ok. I am a fool. I started loving a missed call”
………….
Later when he hears the song ‘Every night in my dreams…. I see you.’ he remembers Sharika.
Time has passed by; now Vimal has resigned from his old job and is teaching kids about ‘communication media and the change it had created in society’
So for all those who waiting for a missed calls to your mobile and dream of meeting your dream person, beware… Mobiles may make people nearer, but it never makes a way in to the heart....

PS: All the characters in this story are imaginary..... never intended to hurt anybody

അഭിപ്രായങ്ങള്‍

Mahesh and Divan പറഞ്ഞു…
ആ നാദo - original

Malayalam version coming ....
Ann പറഞ്ഞു…
Its good

ഈ ബ്ലോഗിൽ നിന്നുള്ള ജനപ്രിയ പോസ്റ്റുകള്‍‌

യാത്രയുടെ തുടക്കം ....